Cost & Payments
Costs (in US$)
|Cost Per Person
|Trip Cost, double occupancy
Costs are per person, double occupancy, not including airfare, singles extra. See Included and Not Included sections for more details.
If you are a single traveler, we will find a roommate for you, but if we cannot find you a roommate, we may charge you a single supplement. Single rooms cost extra and are subject to availability.
|Amount Per Person
|Due now to reserve your space
|October 10, 2024
Payments are due based on the schedule above. All reservations require a deposit to confirm reservation of your space.
Until the Final Payment due date, deposits are refundable except for a cancellation fee of $150 per person, which can be applied toward another trip if reserved within six months of the cancelled trip’s departure date. Cancellations are non-transferrable. No refunds are given after the Final Payment due date.
Temperatures vary greatly. The Pacific coast is often hot, while the cloud forests can be surprisingly cool. In March, the average daily temperature in the Panama Canal Zone and cloud forest of the Anton Valley are in the mid-80s°F (28°C), with highs up to low 90s°F (33°C); the evenings are typically in the low 70s°F (22°C). Although March is considered the dry season, it can still rain.
Minimal fitness level required. You may walk two to three miles per day at a slow pace, stopping for observation and photography. Most walking is on relatively level ground or gradual slopes. Please contact us if you have any health concerns that may make this trip challenging.
When you fill in your Reservation Form, please answer the following:
- Describe how often you walk for two to three miles.
- Tell us how often you carry the same gear you plan to take out in your day pack (photography gear, binoculars, etc.).
- Tell us how you’ve managed walking in hot and humid conditions.
Detailed logistical information is included in the Trip Planning Materials we will send you.
Flights you book
- Arrive in Panama City, Panama (PTY) by 4:00pm on March 15.
- Depart from Panama City, Panama (PTY) after 12:00am on March 29. If you are continuing on our Costa Rica trip, see the Flights section in its itinerary for departure information.
I’m not an expert bird watcher; will I enjoy Panama?
Birds are the main focus, so it is geared toward bird watchers. That being said, you only need to enjoy bird watching to fully appreciate this trip. Our leader, Paco Madrigal, is really great with both beginner and advanced birders. You will also see mammals, reptiles, and beautiful plants and insects on this trip.
You’ll travel in spacious air-conditioned vehicles.
Our company ethos has always regarded conservation as inseparable from responsible tourism. We struggle with the dilemma that traveling worldwide expends climate-changing carbon. However, we wholeheartedly believe that traveling with us will cultivate your passion for conserving our beautiful world while stimulating each destination’s local economy. We encourage you to explore the various ways in which Cheesemans’ operates within this context:
- Cheesemans’ Trips are Carbon Neutral.
- Offsetting your Travel to/from our Trip: We ask you to pledge to offset the carbon emissions for your travel to and from our trips. You can purchase offsets with most airlines (Delta includes them automatically), use our handy carbon calculator and donate to Sustainable Travel International, or contribute to your favorite offsetting organization.
Read our current Terms and Conditions.