Cost & Payments
Costs (in US$)
|Cost Per Person
|Trip Cost, double occupancy
Costs are per person, double occupancy, not including airfare, singles extra. See Included and Not Included sections for more details.
If you are a single traveler, we will find a roommate for you, but if we cannot find you a roommate, we may charge you a single supplement. Single rooms cost extra and are subject to availability.
|Amount Per Person
|Payment is due with your main trip’s final payment; see its trip itinerary for details.
Payment is due with your main trip’s final payment; see its trip itinerary for details at LINK.
Cancellations are non-transferrable. No refunds are given after the Final Payment due date.
Temperatures vary greatly. The lower altitudes are often hot, while the forests and higher altitudes can be surprisingly cool. In May, the average daytime temperature in Borneo is in the mid 80s°F (28°C), with highs in the low 90s°F (33°C); the evenings get down into the mid 70s°F (24°C). There is very high humidity in the lowlands, and it will feel much warmer. Temperatures in the forest and at higher altitudes are only slightly cooler, averaging 60 to 80°F (16 to 26°C). Although May is considered the dry season, rain is still possible.
Treks in the morning and afternoon will last for about three hours walking slowly while searching for birds. The walking is easy and mostly on paved roads, but some parts of the road has inclines.
Detailed logistical information is included in the Trip Planning Materials we will send you.
Flights you book
- Arrive in Arrive in Sandakan, Malaysia (SDK) by 3:00pm on May 5
- Depart from Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia (BKI) after 4:00pm on May 18.
Our company ethos has always regarded conservation as inseparable from responsible tourism. We struggle with the dilemma that traveling worldwide expends climate-changing carbon. However, we wholeheartedly believe that traveling with us will cultivate your passion for conserving our beautiful world while stimulating each destination’s local economy. We encourage you to explore the various ways in which Cheesemans’ operates within this context:
- Ecotourism and Conservation for Borneo.
- Cheesemans’ Trips are Carbon Neutral.
- Offsetting your Travel to/from our Trip: We ask you to pledge to offset the carbon emissions for your travel to and from our trips. You can purchase offsets with most airlines (Delta includes them automatically), use our handy carbon calculator and donate to Sustainable Travel International, or contribute to your favorite offsetting organization.
Read our current Terms and Conditions.