Sail Aboard the
with Cheesemans' Ecology Safaris
The Sea Spirit is an “all suite” luxury vessel that provides warm and comfortable accommodations for 100 passengers, Expedition Staff, and crewmembers. All the cabins have a private, en-suite bathroom, a lounge area, ample storage, and a television with DVD player. The cabins have unobstructed exterior views via portholes, picture windows, or a private balcony.
The Sea Spirit carries a fleet of ten Zodiacs for our excursions, driven by experienced sailors. The sheltered Zodiac loading platform is located at the rear of the ship at sea level for safe and easy loading and unloading of Zodiacs.
The ice-strengthened expedition ship Sea Spirit (originally Renaissance V) was built in 1991 in Italy. The vessel was modified in late 2010. The Sea Spirit’s length is 90.6 meters (297 ft.) and beam is 15.3 meters (50 ft.) with a maximum speed of 14 knots. She is built for sailing in ice with an ice-strengthened hull and a set of retractable fin stabilizers that deliver smooth sailing to make your polar expedition enjoyable and safe.
- Dining lounge – offers chef-prepared meals and exquisite service that isn’t expected in this remote polar region.
- Bar – after a day of activities and explorations passengers are always welcome at a bar staffed by a professional bartender
- Library – a large collection of polar books and DVDs in a quiet cozy place for reading and relaxation.
- Game room
- Lounge – offers great opportunities for socializing and observing fantastic landscapes.
- Presentation room – multi-purpose presentation room with state-of-the-art equipment for lectures and presentations of our notable guest lecturers
- Gym – a well-equipped gym allows travelers not to break away from regular sports for the time of a trip
- Onboard Polar Boutique
- Life-saving equipment – overhauled lifeboat engine, serviced and renewed other equipment
- Doctor and small infirmary
- Internet access for a fee
|Owner’s||600||43 square meters (about 463 square feet); separate living room; King Size bed and sofa bed (can accommodate a teenager); private deck; jetted bathtub.|
|Premium||601 – 606||30 square meters (about 323 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; private balcony; private facilities.|
|Deluxe||505 – 512||24 square meters (about 258 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; private balcony; private facilities.|
|Superior||414 – 428||20 square meters (about 215 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; picture window overlooks on outside walkway; private facilities.|
|Classic||330 – 340||21 square meters (about 226 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; picture window; private facilities.|
|Main Deck||257 – 262||23 square meters (about 248 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; minimum two portholes; private facilities.|
|Triple||341 – 348||21 square meters (about 226 square feet); 2 twins (convert to a King) and a sofa bed; picture window; private facilities.|
Note: Deck plan, cabin arrangements, and cabin amenities are subject to change by ship operator. Deck plan diagrams are not drawn to scale.
View the Ship
All the cabins have a private, en-suite bathroom, a lounge area, ample storage, and a television with DVD player. The cabins have unobstructed exterior views via portholes, picture windows, or a private balcony.