Roof of the World
TibetMarch 26 to April 9, 2025
Embark on a transformative odyssey through the enchanting topography and profound cultural tapestry of Tibet, a land where ancient monasteries and majestic mountains converge. Your adventure begins with a breathtaking flight over the Himalayas providing a chance to capture an aerial glimpse of the world’s loftiest peaks. Upon your descent onto the remote and serene Tibetan Plateau, you’ll be embraced by the warmth of the people and the sheer splendor of the landscape. Amid this metamorphic quest, Sherpa Tashi Tenzing’s guidance takes on an especially surreal quality. With his deep-rooted connection to the sacred culture and towering peaks, Tashi introduces a unique and insightful dimension to your experience and highlights the mystique that defines Tibet.
- Explore the rich cultural landmarks of a deeply spiritual society.
- Enjoy the genuine warmth of a culture largely uninfluenced by the outside world.
- Marvel at the turquoise waters of Yamdrok-tso, one of Tibet’s most sacred lakes.
- Watch the sunrise on the North Face of Everest, then meet the spring climbers at Everest Base Camp.
- Begin your journey early on our Nepal trip from March 13 to 30. Uncover the multidimensional beauty of Nepal as you encounter the bustle of the cities, the inhabitants of the jungle, and the majesty of the Himalayas.
Updated: August 2023
Our Trip Leaders
Tashi is a Nepalese Sherpa mountaineer and naturalist with an in-depth knowledge of Nepal’s wildlife, including where to find birds and tigers in Nepal. He is the grandson of the famous Tenzing Norgay, who made the first complete ascent of Mount Everest in 1953. Tashi grew up in Darjeeling and earned a degree from the University of New Delhi. He has successfully summitted Mount Everest (3 times) as well as numerous other challenging peaks and has guided trips, including in the Antarctic, for decades. Based in Kathmandu, his family also runs mountain lodges, builds schools, administers a medical facility, and awards scholarships for young people.
Join Tashi Tenzing on a personal journey through Tibet to Everest, a pilgrimage reverberating with his profound Sherpa heritage.