Realm of the Polar Bear
Svalbard Islands June 21 to July 4, 2025
Sail past glaciers through Norway’s Arctic lit by the midnight sun to find a most mythic predator: the polar bear. This polar adventure is to the famed Svalbard Archipelago of northern Norway. Located between the North Pole and Norway, these islands are home to one of the greatest concentrations of polar bears on Earth. This region remains wild and pristine with its vast mountains, dramatic fjords, massive glaciers, and picturesque icebergs coupled with iconic Arctic wildlife. The primary mission of expedition leader and professional photographer Scott Davis is to share with you the raw beauty of the high arctic world and the unique wildlife that inhabits this region, and for those interested also provide you with skills and opportunities to produce quality images of unique Arctic wildlife and beautiful landscapes.
- Adventure north of the Arctic Circle to seek out polar bears in 24 hours of daylight.
- Zodiac cruise up to the base of striking cliffs to view nesting seabird colonies.
- Slip into Svalbard’s many inlets and straits that larger ships cannot access.
- Search for walruses, beluga whales, blue whales, and humpback whales.
- Improve your photography skills with biologist-turned-professional-photographer Scott Davis.
Itinerary Updated: September 2023
Our Trip Leaders
Scott is a professional photographer specializing in wildlife, nature, and travel. Originally trained as a wildlife and marine biologist, his research and photo assignments have taken him to the far corners of the globe and all seven continents. National Geographic, BBC, Animal Planet, NY Times, and renowned magazines have used his photography. His patience for teaching and love of capturing the essence of his subjects make him one of our most popular tour leaders.
Visit the Svalbard Islands and sail through Norway’s Arctic past glaciers to find a most mythic predator: the polar bear.