Galapagos IslandsMay 4 to 22, 2024
Learn more on the Trip Itinerary page.
Sail on the most in-depth itinerary possible around this archipelago famous for charismatic wildlife unafraid of you or your camera. Explore Ecuador’s lush cloud forest before embarking on the Samba for a 15-day voyage around the Enchanted Isles. With our expert resident leader, discover endemic reptiles, tropical land birds, breeding boobies, albatross, penguins, marine mammals, sharks, tropical fish, and much more! With early and late landings to coincide with peak wildlife action, this special expedition caters to photographers and wildlife enthusiasts alike. The evolutionary story of the Galápagos Islands has been told many times, but only through immersing yourself in its splendor can you truly appreciate the impressive forces that shape nature here.
- Navigate among 16 islands and experience the diversity of the archipelago.
- Snorkel with sea lions, penguins, tropical fish, sharks, rays, and rare coral formations.
- View mating behavior of frigatebirds, blue-footed boobies, and waved albatross on Española Island – the only known waved albatross nesting site in the world.
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and learn about conservation and restoration programs.
- Observe hummingbirds, Andean cock-of-the-rock, and other birds in Ecuador’s cloud forest.
Itinerary Updated: December 2022
Our Trip Leaders
Juan Manuel Salcedo
Juan grew up in the Galapagos Islands where he developed his passion for wildlife while sailing on his father's boat. He received a degree from the University of San Francisco, Quito after studying Applied Ecology, Biology and Geology. Juan also earned a skipper certificate after studying sailing and navigation in Los Angeles. Involvement in Environmental Education projects in the Galapagos Islands and on mainland Ecuador fills his spare time.
Sail on the most in-depth itinerary possible around the Galapagos Islands, famous for charismatic wildlife.