Kaleidoscope of Bird Diversity
Costa Rica March 29 to April 13, 2025
Costa Rica, with its lush and verdant landscapes, offers a paradise for bird and nature lovers. By exploring the diverse tropical environments of Savegre River Valley, Carara National Park, La Selva Biological Station, and Tortuguero National Park, you will discover the country’s rich biodiversity. During the spring season, you’ll experience exceptional weather and increased animal activity including migrating birds along the Continental Divide, as well as encounters with monkeys, sloths, crocodiles, peccaries, and agoutis. Delight in the warm hospitality of the locals and savor the delicious cuisine of Costa Rica while staying in beautiful and well-located lodges, making your exploration of this Central American hotspot truly memorable.
- Embark on an adventure through Costa Rica using various modes of transportation such as buses, boats, and hiking to maximize magnificent bird-watching opportunities.
- Seek the iconic resplendent quetzal, renowned as one of Central America’s most stunning birds.
- Explore a range of forest types, each offering a unique ecosystem to discover, including tropical rainforests, cloud forests, and tropical dry forests.
- Immerse yourself in the biodiversity hotspot of La Selva Biological Station where you’ll encounter over 600 species and gain insights into tropical ecosystem research.
- Begin your journey early on our Panama trip from March 15 to 29, 2025. Embark on a special trip in cooperation with our local operator and guide, Paco, to explore Panama’s incredibly accessible biodiversity.
Itinerary Updated: September 2023
Our Trip Leaders
Paco has over 20 years of experience guiding wildlife, natural history, and birding tours throughout his native Costa Rica. He grew up in Sarapiqui near the Organization for Tropical Studies (OTS) Station and inherited his family's passion for the diverse local plants and animals. He was part of the very first World Wildlife Fund (WWF) intensive Naturalist training program and helped build and worked at La Selva Biological Station before following his dream of starting his own tour company. His deep knowledge and charming personality make him one of our best leaders.
Explore this lush and diverse country full of colorful birds and other wildlife with our experienced and knowledgeable guide.